Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suhel H Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
I first encountered Dr Ahmed in an emergency situation, with deep vein thrombosis that threw pulmonary embolisms so that I could not breathe, plus a badly inflamed strep throat so that I could barely talk. While other medical personnel were busy explaining to me all they knew about the DVT, I felt I was about to die of the strep throat. Dr Ahmed paid careful attention and immediately ordered a strep test, then gave me a dose of Zithromax, and all was well. I have been his patient ever since.
I had 2 visits to Dr. Ahmed. The first appointment he was one hour late. The 2nd appointment he was 1 hour and 45 minutes late. He prescribed Metformin for me even though I am not pre-diabetic. His staff never followed up on a sleeping disorder test they promised twice to set up for me. Dr. Ahmed has ignored many requests by my pharmacy for medication refills. It appears to be impossible to get refills from this doctor in any normal way. Dr. Ahmed appeared to be annoyed with me when I expressed frustration over his lateness.
Dr Ahmed is the most caring doctor. Wonder bedside manner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Suhel H Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSuhel Hussain Ahmed Md, 52 1st St Ste 4B, Hackensack, NJ
Dr. Suhel H Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.