Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suja J Mathai
Dr. Suja J Mathai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trenton, NJ. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mathai is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Francis Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Suja J Mathai has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Suja J Mathai has the following 22 expertise
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Neck Pain
- Rheumatic Fever
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Lyme Disease
- Infectious Disease
- HIV Infections
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Suja J Mathai has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Suja J Mathai is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I don't really know where to start. When you first walk in, the front desk staff is blocked from view with frosted glass so patients can't see them. Whether they can see you from their side, or they're just listening for voices, I'm not sure. Then, the "doctor" was just worthless. No explanation of anything and didn't even address my blood pressure being over 150/92. Completely incompetent.
Dr. Mathai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Siddhartha Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Suja J Mathai accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Consultants Pc, 1245 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd Ste 411, Trenton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suja J Mathai in this video.
Dr. Suja J Mathai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, NJ.