Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sujana Kurri
Dr. Sujana Kurri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenixville, PA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Kurri is affiliated with Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr, Main Line Hospital Lankenau and Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sujana Kurri has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Redirected a patients anger from herself to a care giver and only rectified the problem after a complaint was filed with her superior. Redirection of anger caused the patient to verbally abuse, accuse of plotting against, and denial of access of caregiver to patient post op making them unable to assist with rehab, medications, or recovery. Resultant fallout caused caregiver to have a medical event requiring medical services themselves.
Dr. Kurri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Riddle Memorial Hospital
Paoli Hospital - On staff since
Lankenau Medical Center - On staff since
Lankenau Medical Center
Bryn Mawr Hospital - On staff since
20 Years Experience
Kurnool Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Sujana Kurri accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSujana Reddy Kurri MD, 23 Goldfinch Cir, Phoenixville, PA
Dr. Sujana Kurri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenixville, PA.