Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sujata H Ambardar
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annandale, VA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Ambardar is affiliated with Novant Health Uva Health System Prince William Medical Cntr, Inova Loudoun Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Ambardar has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Ambardar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sujata H Ambardar
Dr. Ambardar received her BA from Johns Hopkins University in 1985 and her MD from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1990. She completed her internal medicine residency at the Washington Hospital Center and her Infectious Diseases fellowship at George Washington University Hospital. She is board certified in internal medicine and Infectious Diseases. Dr. Ambardar is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University, a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, and a member of the national and local Infectious Diseases Societies. Dr. Ambardar has been in private practice and an attneding at Inova Fairfax Hospital since 1998. She is actively involved in teaching medical students and residents. She is currently the Section Head of Infectious Diseases and is on the P&T Committee and Antimicrobial subcommittee. Dr. Ambardar is involved in the Sepsis Initiative and in implementing an Antimicrobial Stewardship program at Inova Fairfax Hospital. She directs the Travel Medicine and Immunizations clinic at her practice. She has been treating HIV infected patients at an Inova-affiliated clinic since 1998. She is also the principal investigator for an HIV/Hepatitis C co-infected patient trial and is experienced in research protocols.
Locations & DirectionsINFECTIOUS DISEASES PHYSICIAN INC, 3289 Woodburn Rd Ste 200, Annandale, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sujata H Ambardar, MD - Infectious Disease in Annandale, VA, in this video.
Dr. Sujata H Ambardar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Annandale, VA.