3.6

Have you seen Dr. Sujatha Murali?

Outstanding physician

Dr. Murali spent over 90 minutes with me going over everything I needed to know about my breast cancer. She is very caring and compassionate and more than anything gave me hope that I was going to get through this. Just loved her.

Very Caring Doctor

After reading previous reviews I was very cautious about taking my sister to see Dr. Murali, who is taking over care of Dr. Gina D'amato, whom we loved. My sister has been battling GIST for the past 3 years and her local oncologist felt it was time to follow up with Emory Hospital again as it seemed her medicine had quit working. I almost cancelled the appt. but after seeing Dr. Murali, I am glad we didn't. Even though my sister is Stage IV very advanced metastatic GIST, she was very optimistic and hugged my sister and told her she hoped she would be seeing her for a long time to come. I am very sorry other's have have had bad experiences because I know how emotions play a very large impact on a patient's recovery. I hope others have a positive experience like we did.

Unprofessional! Definitely needs some lessons in bedside manner

We took my mother aged 60 who was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer to Dr. Murali for a second opinion. I was firstly disappointed to hear that she had not read all of the reports even after I was assured that she received all of her reports beforehand. She admitted not having read the most important Tissue test report. She then proceeded to come very close to my mum to tell her she had no options and to basically just curl up and wait for death. It was the most unprofessional scene I had ever witnessed. We had specific questions about the diagnosis which went unanswered while Dr. Murali acted like a psychotherapist rather than an Oncologist. While we were all aware of how dire the circumstances were, the purpose of a second opinion is not to assume the role of the primary physician by talking about the prognosis but rather to focus on treatment options and alternatives and to answer questions. Her primary oncoologist on the other hand told us about the poor prognosis earlier but he never said to give up and he treated the situation in an honest yet positive manner.I would recommend that you stay away from this specialist unless you need your relatives to be told that they should give up, do nothing and wait for death. I still feel guilty about taking my positive, strong-willed, determined mother to Dr. Murali.

Shocking bedside manner.

Dr. Sujatha Murali is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Marcos, CA.

Dr. Sujatha Murali Is this you?