Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sujit R Varma has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This guy is really some piece of work. He is an 'ambulance chaser' at best. He approached me from the inside when I was forceably detained by Fairview Southdale Hospital upon being sent there for anti-anxiety meds by my substance abuse counselor so we could complete the remainder of my 3 hour evaluation. He treated scary side effects by giving me more drugs! He had me taking 28 pills a day and that did not include the 'as needed'. I was also given experimental Vivitrol injections by him that he knew my insurance would not pay for. Some unknown program supposedly paid for it. I ended up having a very bad reaction, shot a hole in my living room ceiling with a rifle and ended up bouncing from facility to facility until finally three months later I was finally stable enough to be released. Then he over medicated me so badly I was locked up, again at Fairview Southdale. As per his advice, I called him immediately for help. He simply told them to have me committed. Immediately. What better way to discredit a plaintiff/ witness in a malpractice trial! RUN!
I originally visited with Dr. Varma for depression. He said I didn't look depressed or look underweight (I was gaunt and even had co workers approaching me asking me if I was sick). I brought up that I believed I suffered PTSD from emotional and verbal abuse of a family member. He laughed and said I could only have that if I was in combat. Research shows otherwise. I felt totally invalidated and did not feel his assessments were correct, ie PTSD, because I was later diagnosed by another provider as having all of the symptoms. I tried to talk fast during our meeting so he could get all of my information in a timely manor and he brought this up, that I talked too fast. I told him I was trying to be conscious of his time. Then he side tracked during our meeting to other random social topics, such as media. It was so out of place. I did call him one other time for medication change/increase and he never returned my phone call, even though I left a detailed message.
Dr. Varma was about the 10th person I've seen in the last 10 years. I'm so excited I've finally found someone who is a perfect fit for me! I'm bipolar and have ADD, Generalized Anxiety, and depression. It was amazing how he just uncovered everything! He got right to the root of my problems and came up with treatmenat that has worked for me for the very first time! This is the best I've ever been in my life! My problem with my other Dr's was they seemed more interested in testing out different medicines on me and combination's...and they seemed more interested in using me as a guinea pig then really addressing my problems. I wanted to take my son to him as well, but I was told by the receptionist that he doesn't usually see kids. But I HIGHLY recommend him!!
Dr. Varma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1997
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Sujit R Varma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMinnesota Mental Health Clinics, 5346 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Sujit R Varma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.