Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sujit R Varma
Dr. Sujit R Varma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Varma is affiliated with Fairview Ridges Hospital and Fairview Southdale Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sujit R Varma has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sujit R Varma has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Sujit R Varma is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Gave me my life back
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sujit R Varma - Posted on September 15th, 2018
Over the last 10 years+ since I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I have worked with countless Doctors and Therapists without much success. But Dr. Varma has given me my life back. He is very polite and enjoyable to work with. He has a calming demeanor and is not pretentious even though it is obvious he is very intelligent. He does a great job of listening and makes me feel very comfortable. He is willing to think outside of the box for people like me who have had a history of mediocre success with the normal range of standard treatments and medications. I wish I would have met him 10 years ago.
Dr. Varma is # 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sujit R Varma - Posted on August 10th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sujit R Varma - Posted on June 27th, 2018
Excellent Level of Care from Dr Varma and His Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sujit R Varma - Posted on June 26th, 2018
Psychiatrist in Minneapolis area
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sujit R Varma - Posted on May 29th, 2018
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Varma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1997
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Sujit R Varma Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Sujit R Varma is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.