Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan has the following 9 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss
Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
My spouse was referred to Dr. Chan for his late stage Lyme Disease. Dr. Chan's knowledge with respect to the disease was so outdated as to be truly shocking to the two of us. She didn't even know that blood tests are unreliable, even the MN Health Dept. website has THAT much information. Her understanding of the disease was maybe circa 2009? This is a disease that has been so badly understood that in the last five years Harvard, Columbia, Johns Hopkins and Stanford Universities have devoted entire research efforts to understanding why so many people with Lyme are not successfully treated with the current protocol. Dr. Chan had no idea of any of this. She still thinks that anyone treated with 21 days' doxycyclin has been treated and any problems are from different sources. Aren't doctors required to keep up with their professions???? The entire MN medical community should be completely ashamed of their efforts and understanding of Lyme. This is a state where the disease is prevalent and yet the medical community has no idea of research findings in the last five years much less being on the forefront. It is nothing short of appalling.
Dr. Chan cares very deeply about her patients. My first appointment I was a little nervous because I had never had a female Dr. do a full checkup on me and Mr. Johnson. But she was very professional and gentle. She has an excellent bedside manner. And she was very good at following up after the visit.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 2002
University Of Minnesota
Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsSuk-Yin Chan Md, 10961 Club West Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan in this video.
Dr. Suk-Yin Y Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.