Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sumana G Reddy
Dr. Sumana G Reddy, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Conyers, GA, with another office in Atlanta, GA. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Reddy is affiliated with East Cooper Regional Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital Athens. She speaks English.
Dr. Sumana G Reddy has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I was referred to her by my primary doctor for a lump that I have on my thyroid. My appointment was booked months in advance but the first time she looked at my chart and forwarded test results was at that moment! She was saying things to me off the top of her head. She knew nothing about why I was there. I couldn't believe her poor bedside manner when she told me that I could possibly have cancer and she would need to cut half my thyroid off! Unbelievable!
I came to Dr Reddy for unstable thyroid, high kidney function, and a persistent right side pain. She told me to take my synthroid in the morning (as I do) and all my thyroid problems would resolve. She did not order labs to see what my levels were even at -At least for a baseline- until 6 weeks later. She addressed my concerns about my kidneys and side pain with silence. She listened to my lungs. But never assessed my right side. She never addressed the other symptoms I have. Literally didn't even acknowledge them. It was a waste of my time and a waste of my money. She's not an MD. DOs are primarily basic primary physicians. So I'm not sure how she got to be considered for endocrinology. Looking back, it seems she didn't do anything because she didn't know what to do. I'd advise anyone to choose another doctor and another clinic.
Dr. Reddy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Sumana G Reddy accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sumana G Reddy is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Conyers, GA.