Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sumeet K Mendonca
Dr. Sumeet K Mendonca, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mendonca is affiliated with Chandler Regional Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sumeet K Mendonca has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 19
I became a patient of Dr. Mendonca's in June of 2017 after being diagnosed with breast cancer. After my first appointment with her, I felt confident and knew that she would be the best. Just during that one appointment alone, she got things done! She was on the ball, and no time was wasted. I truly feel like she is amazing in all aspects. She has been kind and compassionate, and listened when I was breaking down. She has answered every question with patience and honesty, and I have never felt rushed or that there were any silly questions. I feel like a real person when I'm there! She is very thorough and I trust greatly in her knowledge and treatment plan, and I also feel like I'm part of deciding that plan. I feel like she truly cares and will do everything to get the best outcome. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and am so grateful to have been referred to her from the beginning.
Thank God Dr. Sumeet Mendonca was recommended to me from a fellow breast cancer survivor! I was unhappy with my previous oncologist because I felt I was just a number, and had my doctors changed three times without even being notified….so I would walk into a very intimate appointment with a total stranger that knew nothing about me personally and with whom I was extremely uncomfortable. Dr. Mendonca is knowledgeable, personable, thorough, and most importantly, accessible when you’re feeling panicked or just have questions. I highly recommend this compassionate woman.
Dr. Mendonca is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1998
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Sumeet K Mendonca accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsIronwood Cancer And Research Centers, 3686 S Rome St, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Sumeet K Mendonca is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.