Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sumit M Parikh
Dr. Sumit M Parikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Parikh is affiliated with Uh Cleveland Medical Center and Marymount Hospital. Dr. Parikh has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sumit M Parikh has the following 3 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Down Syndrome
- Metabolic Brain Diseases
- Addison Disease (Adrenoleukodystrophy)
- Hepatolenticular Degeneration
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- Menkes Kinky Hair Syndrome (Menkes Disease)
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy (Krabbe Disease)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Tourette Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Sumit Parikh is a wonderul doctor. He is very kind, courteous, and caring. He is very knowledgeable and intelligent. He explains things very well and thouroughly and answers all your questions. He does not rush you and takes care to spend as much time as you need with him. He is sweet and caring towards our daughter. I wish all doctors were like him. He is by far the best doctor we have met.
Dr. Parikh is a pediatric neurologist who is also a specialist in mitochondrial disorders. Most people are diagnosed as children with mito disorders, but I am an adult and I see him because he is investigating a mitochondrial disorder on me and there really are few (if any) mito specialists for adults. He is very thorough. He listens, analyzes, and requests the tests necessary to get to the bottom of your problems. I am very happy to have Dr. Parikh on my medical team.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Parikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Sumit M Parikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sumit M Parikh in this video.
Dr. Sumit M Parikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.