Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sunil S Dhawan
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milpitas, CA, with another office in Fremont, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Dhawan is affiliated with Regional Medical Center-San Jose. Dr. Dhawan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan has the following 11 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I saw Dr. Sunil Dhawan to have some skin growths evaluated and, especially, the three largest removed. I was surprised at his flippant and unprofessional attitude. I'd had the same type of growths removed several years ago and know that most of what I have right now are seborrheic keratosis. Dr. Dhawan said, "oh, those are just warts." He seemed to be uninterested in doing anything about them and only grudgingly sprayed two with liquid nitrogen. He seemed to be finished so I had to specifically ask him to spray the third one. He spent a very short time with me. I've had growths just like these removed with liquid nitrogen in the past and there's always been a noticable redness and swelling afterwards. That's normal and expected. This time I noticed that the liquid nitrogen he used had no effect at all. A month after seeing Dr. Dhawan, I saw a different doctor and had a totally different experience. This doctor, a woman, agreed that these growths are seborrheic keratosis. Long story slightly shorter, she sprayed all of them with liquid nitrogen. Immediately, they turned red and swelled, just as they should. I wonder now if Dr. Dhawan was using a container that was empty of liquid nitrogen and only contained the propellant - enough propellant to still make the hissing sound but with no liquid nitrogen left in it. Summary: I wasted my time and money seeing Dr. Dhawan and I do not recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dhawan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1993
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sunil S Dhawan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milpitas, CA.