Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sunil H Patel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sunil H Patel has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Sunil H Patel has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 34
Dr. Patel is a god send. When he did my Colonoscopy and endoscopy I was out and when I awoke I asked, " Did you start yet." Dr. Patel has been very accurate in his diagnosis of my Husband (got his pre-cancerious spots out) He was great with my girl friend also. HIs procedures are on time. Dr. Patel was never quick about giving me medications.. and referred me to my Internist for medications except for an antiobodic and prescribed the best antibiotic for my situation. Dr. Patel has been my Husbands doctor fore over 10 years and mine for 6 yrs.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Sunil H Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Disease Consultants, 2905 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Sunil H Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.