Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sunil T Mathew
Dr. Sunil T Mathew, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mathew is affiliated with Oklahoma City VA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Sunil T Mathew has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sunil T Mathew has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Sunil T Mathew is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Mathew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1999
Suny Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 Stanton L Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. Sunil T Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.