Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sunila Philips has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- HPV Type 11 (Human Papillomavirus)
- EOL Care
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Age-related Hearing loss (Presbycusis)
- Dementia Testing
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I changed doctors because I felt it was time for me to see a doctor with geriatric training. My friend recommended Dr. Philips, and I am so glad she did. I don't mind waiting to see Dr. Philips because I know that when she comes into my room, I will have her full attention for as long as it takes to deal with any medical concerns and decisions. Dr. Philips' manner is to give me her recommendations and ask what I think. I have had too many doctors who act like generals in battle and are resentful of any input on my part. In today's age of conflicting medical information and access to the internet, I want to be a part in the decision making concerning my own health. Dr. Philips lets me do this. What I find is I always end up following her advice because she gave me time to think about it. She is so intelligent, warm, and trustworthy. I hope she never gets too busy to continue this excellent level of care.
I called on a Friday AM with concerns and questions and called again on Tuesday because I never heard from the doctor. I had another appointment in the area so I stopped in her office to check to see why I had not heard from her. The girl at the front desk was very nice and went back to check and came back and had me believe the doctor wasn't there and wanted to know what it was pertaining to. I said I've already talked to two people and she knows what it's about. The doctor finally called me at 5:30 PM on Wednesday to basically asked me what I needed. If she is supposed to be my primary care physician and it takes her five days to call me back and asked me what I want? Time to find another PCP.
24 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Sunila Philips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Of Plano, 1700 Coit Rd Ste 110, Plano, TX
Dr. Sunila Philips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.