Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sunita M Ravikumar has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sunita M Ravikumar has the following 10 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Sunita M Ravikumar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 14
I ALWAYS HAVE THE FIRST APPOINTMENT OF THE DAY, @ 10 AM. I HAVE HAD THREE APPOINTMENTS WITH THIS DOCTOR. SHE IS NEVER ON TIME, USUALLY 45 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR LATE. THESE DOCTORS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE PATIENTS, THEY ONLY VALUE THEIR TIME. THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE GODS GIFT TO HUMANITY. I AM GOING TO SEE SOMEBODY ELSE.
Dr. Ravikumar is way too business like for me. She has terrible bedside manner( back to me entire two minutes she spent w/ me!!) at each visit. Took NO time to listen to my symptoms took NO time to explain her diagnosis to me. treated me like another number everything was by the lab numbers and thats it no questions asked. Complete waste of my time. Would never recommend if you really have a problem or condition and would like to be treated like a person rather than a lab report......
I appreciate that Dr. Sunita Ravikumar really listens to me and remembers what I tell her regarding family history of autoimmune diseases. She takes the time to answer my questions (and invites questions!), and makes sure I understand my symptoms and what to expect. She is very clear with her explanations and has a warm, friendly, reassuring manner. I am very confident that if I ever have any complications related to my disease, that she would be very prompt in recognizing and managing/ following up.
42 Years Experience
Indira Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1976
New York Medical College
Dr. Sunita M Ravikumar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO