Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sunitha C Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Testing
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 15
When my new doctor entered the room she didn't look professional at all, she looked like she just rolled out of bed. I thought, well maybe she been working really hard this week and was exhausted but she could have at least brushed her hair. This was an in network doctor on my insurance plan so the insurance paid their share which was significant $300-$400 range, but then she billed me on top of that almost $200! Outrageous since she didn't even do any tests or bloodwork. I received a prescription for Tramadol for pain and a muscle relaxer for my back which had already gone out 3 times this year. When I called to get a refill the pharmacy said they called the doctor and she refused to refill it even though it took me almost 6 weeks to go through 30 Tramadol pills, which aren't even strong. So I wasn't over using so why wouldn't she refill? She's a doctor that just wants your money and doesn't care about her patients at all that's why! Don't waste your time and money going to her.
Dr. Sunitha Alexander greets me warmly, LISTENS carefully, and then explains her diagnosis thoroughly. She patiently answers all questions. I trust her judgement. After a recent visit, her staff contacted diagnostic specialists who phoned me before the end of that day. The office wait time is appropriate and the staff is prompt and friendly. This is the doctor I choose to coordinate my medical needs.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
21 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Sunitha C Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Woods Family Medicine Pllc, 17350 St Lukes Way Ste 350, Conroe, TX
Dr. Sunitha C Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conroe, TX.