Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sunnie L Skiles MD
Dr. Sunnie L Skiles has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sunnie L Skiles has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Sunnie L Skiles is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Refused to give a referral to a dermatologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sunnie L Skiles - Posted on May 20th, 2013
I tried for over a week to get referral for my child. They were prescribing her medication but it was not working so I wanted a 2nd opinion. The staff kept saying they would call me back on it but they never did. I had to keep calling to see why I could not get a referral. Then Dr. Skiles tried to prescribe the same medicine again. When I asked why I could not get a referral they said maybe because of her age? She is over 10 years old any dermatologist could see her. I didn't know what the issue was but I got a 2nd opinion from my medical group instead and changed over to another doctor. I thought the way I was treated was very discourteous and I would not recommend Dr. Skiles to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sunnie L Skiles - Posted on April 2nd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sunnie L Skiles - Posted on September 18th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sunnie L Skiles - Posted on October 17th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. Sunnie L Skiles Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
More about Dr. Sunnie L Skiles
Personal Interest: Golf, Fly Fishing, Photography
Locations & DirectionsCHILDRENS MEDICAL CLINIC, 6815 Five Star Blvd, Rocklin, CA
Dr. Sunnie L Skiles is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rocklin, CA.