Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Surender Gorukanti MD
Dr. Surender Gorukanti has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Surender Gorukanti has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 32
Very good and competent doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surender Gorukanti - Posted on February 26th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surender Gorukanti - Posted on January 18th, 2019
A++ All the way around
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surender Gorukanti - Posted on April 23rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surender Gorukanti - Posted on May 6th, 2016
The Dr G was recomended to us and our newborn son ( now 18months) by my friends' mom, who had her son visiting Dr G since he was 9 yr old. I cant say enough about the Dr from my own expirience, alway calm and reassuring, never rushes to prescribe antibiotics, very through out check ups (noticed tied tongue immidiately even though 2 prior pediatricians we saw, never looked in baby's mouth ), always makes sure you leave with no questions in mind, very understanding and accomodating (vaccinations schedule). The nurse who works with us is just wonderful and very carring as well, the only downsides are a Looooong wait time and Outdated office. Reccomend to see Dr G to every parent.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surender Gorukanti - Posted on October 7th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gorukanti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Dr. Surender Gorukanti Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Surender Gorukanti's office for more information.
1721 86th St Brooklyn, NY : (718) 331-6064
Locations & DirectionsTOCHILOVSKY PETER DC, 1721 86th St, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Surender Gorukanti is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.