Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suresh K Rajendran
Dr. Suresh K Rajendran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rajendran is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Houston Methodist St John Hospital. Dr. Rajendran has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Suresh K Rajendran has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I got my names mixed up in the comments below. Although - my opinion is still the same. Most of the ladies in the front need some work in costumer service. They also need to examine the wait times for a doctors appointment. I held for almost ten minutes today, just to be transfered to central scheduling because there are apparently 2 different appointment desks...and I left a voicemail at 9:30 this morning, never to recieve a returned phone call to schedule my EGD.
Dr. Raj is a great doctor, and what I would call a walking encyclopedia!! Althuogh, I would suggest seeing Dr. Raj at his Pearland office. My visit at his main office on Dixie Farm Rd. was a very long wait, and the front office attendant (kenzy) was very rude and impatient with me. The attendant at Pearland (rebecca) always greets me by my name, and always has a smile on her face. That is very impressive to remember names! I also have a very high deductible to meet, and Carmen is always very prompt to call me back, and they are willing to work with me financially as I need regular treatments.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2015, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rajendran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Suresh K Rajendran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Consultants, 444 FM 1959 Rd, Houston, TX
Dr. Suresh K Rajendran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.