Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suresh Ramalingam
Dr. Suresh Ramalingam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ramalingam is affiliated with Emory University Hospital, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston and Saint Joseph'S Hospital Of Atlanta. He speaks English.
Dr. Suresh Ramalingam has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Thyroid Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
The writer of the one star had a totally different experience than I have had. I found him to be knowledgeable, willing and eager to communicate and has a great "bedside manner". He was in no hurry at all and spent thirty to forty minutes with us. His assistant was of the same caliber. He followed up with my primary Oncologist before we got home from the appointment. I recommend him highly.
Dr. Ramalingam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Emory University Hospital
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
Saint Joseph'S Hospital Of Atlanta
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital
Emory Crawford Long Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
Emory University School of Medicine
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System
21 Years Experience
Kilpauk Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Wayne State University
Dr. Suresh Ramalingam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWinship Cancer Institute of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suresh Ramalingam in this video.
Dr. Suresh Ramalingam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.