Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Surinder Mendiratta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Mendiratta is the best Dr. I've ever had. I've been going to him for several years and he has never given up on me even though I almost gave up on myself by not taking my meds as needed. I will not make that mistake again. He is very thorough and has a great memory. I don't mind if I have to wait to see him because I know he spends the time needed with each patient. He is very caring and definitely takes good care of his patients. He has a way of making each person feel like they are his top priority. I would recommend him to everyone I know. I love the office staff even though they sometimes aren't as proficient as I would like. Sometimes they don't get the paperwork out in a timely manor and don't always return calls.
He is such a genuinely caring physician. Very complete and very thorough. I thank God for him. I believe he saved my life.
I love Dr. Mendiratta! He is a wonderful Doctor! He gives you all the time you need. He answers ALL of your questions. However, his staff is slow and they will exagerate the truth if they have not done something (paperwork). They are sweet young women but they need to learn to be more professional and timely with the insurance issues. I really don't believe that Dr. Mendiratt knows how his staff acts when he is not in the office and he really relys on them.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Surinder Mendiratta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSurinder Mendiratta Md, 20905 Greenfield Rd Ste 502, Southfield, MI
Dr. Surinder Mendiratta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.