More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Surjit K Kahlon
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Upland, CA. She has 51 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology, Pediatrics and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology. Dr. Kahlon is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca, Huntington Hospital and Citrus Valley Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon has the following 7 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Please do not believe the positive commentstj for a search for other reviews online. I was amazed if you see google the negative impact she made. I took my 2yr old son, she was good about calling my child autistic and ADHD however she failed to give to me in writing or guide me. She schedule appts follow up but never told me to seek a psych for official diagnose. Kept taking our money she sent me to see a genetics and said my husband and I should not have kids. My 2yr old is autistic and I blame her for him getting a late diagnose. The genetics Dr was confuse why she sent me to him. No compassion for a child. She broke my heart and I lost her credibility. There is a god and karma
Dr. Kahlon is an amazing physician. When I came in for my appointment regarding severe migraine, she took the time to discuss my past history and what is going on in my life that may be causing my migraines. Never once did she belittle me or talk to me like I am stupid ( unlike some other physicians in my past), she sent me for testing (which other physicians neglected to do, they just wanted to prescribe medication that I didn't want) and was very nice to call me with the results. I would recommend Dr. Kahlon to anyone. The staff was very pleasant and prompt with getting me the information I needed and very helpful. Very busy office due to the fact there are several other Neurologist in the same building and parking was a little of an issue.
First of all, even though my referral clearly stated that my case was emergent, I had to wait a month in order to see her. At first I was happy with her care. She referred me for an MRI and then set up a follow up appointment. I had to wait a month after my MRI to find out the results. At that appointment she belittled me for asking question and trying to be an active part of my health care. She told me I needed to see a psychiatrist, and that everyone has pain everyday. I kept a headache log and it clearly showed I was experiencing pain almost daily. She only counted my pain that was 5 and above as a headache. When I asked if it could be a nerve problem, she told me that the MRI of my brain was normal so therefore my nerves are normal. She kept saying that she "unfortunately doesn't prescribe narcotics" I never asked for narcotics, never mentioned them, and frankly wouldn't take them if she had prescribed me them. I left in tears, which she berated me for too. I'm getting a second opinion and NEVER going back. Only positive is the Upland staff were nice.
Dr. Kahlon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDesai Nuerology Group, 630 N 13th Ave Ste B, Upland, CA
Dr. Surjit K Kahlon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Upland, CA.