Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Surjit S Mahal MD
Dr. Surjit S Mahal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Huron, MI, with other offices in Trenton, MI and Sterling Heights, MI (and 1 other location). His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Surjit S Mahal has 4 locations
6555 15 Mile Rd
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Dr. Surjit S Mahal has the following 2 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Surjit S Mahal has the following 11 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Surjit S Mahal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
jjjust started! He see to know what he is talking about!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surjit S Mahal - Posted on July 25th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Surjit S Mahal - Posted on June 10th, 2011
Honest, Compassionate, Caring, Knows what he is doing. I have been to others for 20 years and after four hospitalizations for Bipolar Disorder finally he found the right diagnosis and treatment and my life is so much easier. He tested me for gene contributing to my illness and for the first time i felt, finally some body validated my feelings and illness. Two of my family members were tested and came back positive for same gene. I don't feel stigmatized any more because my illness is real and genetic. He told me if illness has physical symptoms, runs in my family, has a positive gene there is nothing mental about it and now i feel ready to face the world. A grateful Patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Surjit S Mahal Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Surjit S Mahal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Port Huron, MI.