Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan A Gifford has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Gifford is not what the specialty physician's can afford to have as the first experience of Metrohealth. Metrohealth has GREAT surgeon's.....and I am very certain that patients are not staying here at Metrohealth to experience these surgeon's because they are getting scared away or being dissatisfied by the first impression. Bad news.....this Dr Gifford.
Went with my mom to both her visits with Dr. Gifford. My mom has white coat syndrome (fear of doctors) and Dr. Gifford did not help matters at all. I would never recommend her to anyone. She is very brass and cold. We felt rushed and intimidated to even ask her questions because she came in the office stating that she wouldn't have much time with us on the 2nd visit. She never even has a chance to read my mom's records at the 1st visit, so when were we suppose to ask questions? Her bedside manner terrified my poor 81 year old mother who was shaking like a leaf when she left the office. Dr. Gifford seems to know her stuff but does not know how to treat people with kindness and compassion. If the patient is terrified by the doctor than that makes for a bad relationship.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
34 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Susan A Gifford accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan A Gifford in this video.
Dr. Susan A Gifford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.