Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan F Abbott has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Abbott is highly skilled, understanding and responsive to my concerns and issues. In rapid fashion, she was able to diagnose my problems quickly after I had seen other doctors for years without making significant progress.
Dr. Abbott should have NEVER practiced medicine. She thinks every patient of hers is the same regardless of their diagnosis. She proscribed me the same medications as she did for her other patients I spoke with in the past. Plus her attitude is horrible. She doesn't care about her patients. But, what does she care? She's a psychiatrist hungry for money just like the rest of them. Stay away from her and these other parasites!
34 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1984
Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic
Dr. Susan F Abbott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan F Abbott in this video.
Dr. Susan F Abbott is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.