Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan L Alkasab has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Susan L Alkasab has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 41
I had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Alkasab and the other OBGYNs in the practice. From my first visit, Dr. Alkasab supported my decision to try for a VBAC. When I went into labor, Dr. Gilbert was on call. She was so caring, and cheered me on. When Dr. Alkasab came on she also allowed me to keep trying. She never rushed me to have a c-section. I have a beautiful, healthy baby boy thanks to her and her practice. I would recommend her without a doubt.
Dr. Alkasab is so sweet and kind. I loved her as my gynecologist, but she was not supportive of my attempt at a VBAC. She is super conservative and even cringed when I mentioned red raspberry tea! I would no suggest that anyone going for a VBAC use any of the doctors a north shore OB/GYN and associates.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
14 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Susan L Alkasab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsNORTHWELL HEALTH PHYSICIAN PARTNERS OB/GYN ASSOCIATES, 600 Northern Blvd Ste 212, Great Neck, NY
Dr. Susan L Alkasab is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.