Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan V Areeckal has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Susan V Areeckal has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 18
The office is always accepting patients, however have a fairly long wait time for an appointment once you're a patient (two months on average). Dr. A has always been friendly and I appreciated that she didn't push an intervention when I had my first physical with her. Since then, though she and her PA have correctly diagnosed something that I've had for two years now, she has led me through a medical road that has only treated my symptoms. This has cost me a lot more money in a long run and though I understand that everyone wants to get paid, it's sad to me because I could have had the answers a long time ago. I'm currently working on treating the cause thanks to another practice.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Areeckal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
9 Years Experience
Jagiellonian University Medical College
Graduated in 2009
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Susan V Areeckal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
Locations & DirectionsPenn Fair Primary Care, 2200 Penfield Rd Ste 13, Penfield, NY
Dr. Susan V Areeckal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Penfield, NY.