Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Borja
Dr. Susan Borja, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elizabethport, NJ, with other offices in Westfield, NJ and Summit, NJ . She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Borja is affiliated with Hoboken University Medical Center, Trinitas Hospital and Union Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Borja has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Susan Borja has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Susan Borja has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 70
I have read all reviews on Dr. Borja. I too am a patient of hers. Of course each case is different however, I have always found her fabulous and very easy to work with. I don't find her a dr. that pushes meds or refuses them once properly diagnosed. I have had phone calls from her on off hours and have never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment. she has been such a vital part of my recovery and I am so grateful.
Dr. Borja is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoboken University Medical Center
Summit Oaks Hospital
Trinitas Regional Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Susan Borja is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elizabethport, NJ.