Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Bressman
Dr. Susan Bressman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Bressman is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center, Mount Sinai Brooklyn and Beth Israel Medical Center - Milton & Caroll Petrie Division. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Bressman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dystonic Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parkinson Disease
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Bressman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center
Mount Sinai Brooklyn
Beth Israel Medical Center - Milton & Caroll Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
Beth Israel-Kings Highway
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital CenterRoosevelt Hospital Division
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center - Herbert & Neil Singer Division
41 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Susan Bressman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Medical Center Outpatient Radiology, 10 Union Sq E, New York, NY
Dr. Susan Bressman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.