Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan N Chi has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Susan N Chi has the following 5 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Brain Cancer
Dr. Susan N Chi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Chi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1994
New York University
Dr. Susan N Chi Accepts the Following Insurance
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Susan N Chi
Brain Tumors -Chemotherapy of medulloblastoma (J Clin Oncol 22:4881, 2004); -Complications of therapy (Pediatr Neurol 35:122, 2006); -Prognostic Value of Tumor Microinvasion and Metalloproteinases Expression in Intracranial Pediatric Ependymomas. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008 Sept;67(9):911-20. -Moyamoya following cranial irradiation for primary brain tumors in children. Neurology. 2007 Mar 20;68(12):932-8. -Transverse myelitis after therapy for primitive neuroectodermal tumors. Pediatr Neurol. 2006 Aug;35(2):122-5. -Outcome for young children newly diagnosed with ependymoma, treated with intensive induction chemotherapy followed by myeloablative chemotherapy and autologous stem cell rescue. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007 Jul;49(1):34-40.
Locations & DirectionsDANA FARBER CANCER INSTITUTE, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan N Chi, MD - Pediatric Hematology-Oncology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Susan N Chi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.