Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan K Chu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susan K Chu has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Susan K Chu has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Susan K Chu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This doctor rushed me through everything! I was experiencing my first ever flare with ulcerative colitis, and when she diagnoses me she says, "Well at least it wasn't cancer." Who says that!? I still have an incurable disease! She quickly prescribed me something and waited to see me in a month. She did not explain anything, I had to investigate my own disease online! When I was showing negative side affects to the medicine she gave me I called her office to let her know. The second time she saw me she said I was making these issues up because I was reading too many things online. I could not believe she had said that to me! I had really experienced some bad reactions. Also, getting in to see her is a HASSLE. I believe she spends half her time in surgery and the other half in consulting so her time is very limited. All our meetings were rushed. She would tell me she wanted to see me in four weeks, and when I asked her staff to let me know the date they said they didn't have one because she was full. I complained about this doctor to my primary doc and the primary told me something interesting, My primary said that Dr. Chu yelled at them for referring me, noting I had nothing wrong. Yeah, bleeding out my butt is nothing wrong to this doctor!
Dr. Chu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1998
Oregon Health & Science University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSusan Kit-Sum Chu Md, 10672 Wexford St, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan K Chu in this video.
Dr. Susan K Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.