Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan S Courtney
Dr. Susan S Courtney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Occupational Medicine. Dr. Courtney is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center, Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital Southern Az and Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan S Courtney has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
Dr. Susan S Courtney has the following 8 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Occupational Medicine
Showing 5 of 37
This woman is a absolute nut case. It's her way or the highway. Rude, condescending, nut case, basically a horrible human being. I've talked to dozens of her patients and not one can stand this woman. I question the state medical board on how they allow this crack pot to continue to practise medicine. I truly would rather die than see this evil wench.
My first visit with this doctor and in 5 minutes I knew she wasn't the doctor for me. Verbally abusive, high strung and if you listen to her my previous doctor and hospital visit did inadequate care. I was ready to walk out but she kept me there long enough to charge for an office visit. Don't go to this doctor...
Dr. Courtney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Tucson Medical Center
Dr. Susan S Courtney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCourtney Medical Group, 1925 W Orange Grove Rd Ste 204, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Susan S Courtney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.