More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan S Crocker has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susan S Crocker has the following 6 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 55
When i was going to her, my family described me as being heavily medicated, slothful and driving dangerously. Icut my dosage without her help while i looked for another doctor. I looked up her Credentials and discovered that she was not authorized to practice. She may have been using an umbrella provider but i transferred my care to charleston mental health. Maybe she has improved and updated her credentials but i always check my healthcare providers credentials.
After years of severe anxiety and insomnia, I finally made an appointment with my first ever psychiatrist, and it happened to be Dr. Suzan Crocker. I did research, and instantly became nervous. The Appointment came, and I went to see her. Let me say this. These reviews stating that people are upset are stupid. Are you mad because she didn't prescribe you a very addictive drug?? Dr. Crocker was extremely pleasant and very kind. She has really helped me out, and on my first visit she prescribed me Paxil for anxiety disorder and Trazodone for insomnia. I will always go to Dr. Crocker because of her personality and caring attitude. Thank you, Dr. Crocker!!!!!
I fired Dr. Crocker and reported her to my insurance company with the recommendation they pull her name off the preferred provider list. She was condescending, irritable, unprofessional and should not be working with the public in any capacity. If you enjoy a passive aggressive personality, she would be the doctor to see.
I would not recommend Dr Susan Crocker. I have been on the same medication for 4 years by a different Dr. in Virginia. We moved here to Summerville and after she gave me refills once then on my 3 month visit decided I should change the most important meds for something safer. I took her advice on the promise if it didn't work we would discuss other options. The change has left me unable to sleep and upon me asking her to refill my original medication she refused and told me to find a different provider. So now I sit no sleep for 3 nights now and will look for a new provider which could take up to a month to get an appt. In the mean time I will most likely develop psychosis with out the ability to sleep. This is dangerous to be cut off this kind of medication!!!! I think she is in need of psychiatric care.
40 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Susan S Crocker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS