Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan P Epner has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Parkinson Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
The receptionist was very nice - and that's where the good things end. The technician who performed one of the nerve tests was beyond rude. He was condescending and sarcastic. Though he was quick. I then went to another exam room and waited an hour for Dr. Epner. This is a very small office and there did not seem to be more than one other patient. Dr. Epner came in, did not apologize for the wait and then muddled through the description and purpose of this second nerve test. She couldn't really articulate what it would test or possibly identify. After the test was over, she didn't really say anything about the results, just that this was a "study" and not a "test" and if I wanted her to consider me as her patient, I could come back as a new patient....what the heck? I was referred to Dr. Epner from my neurosurgeon. I'll be sure to let him know he needs to find another referral.
On my first visit we got lost cause we were given wrong directions not by this office but office of another doctor who knew Dr Epner...we got there a little late but they still saw me. I felt bad cause it threw patients off their testing, I was reassured that there was no problem...Staff real nice, Dr. was Excellent and very informative, and Smart. She has helped me with several problems...
27 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1991
Locations & DirectionsAcacia Ob/Gyn Professional Association, 8715 Village Dr Ste 305, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Susan P Epner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.