Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan E Frankl has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susan E Frankl has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
Showing 5 of 11
I started with Dr. Frankl in the summer of 2011. She is the most compasonate, caring Dr. I have ever had. She always takes time to listen to me and discuss any issues I have. I am so pleased that Dr. Frankl is my PCP....wouldn't want any other Doctor. She's wonderful!!!I have never written about a Doctor before, but Dr. Frankl is the best!
Gave little information. Of the few questions she asked, several seemed neither health-related nor particularly friendly, and several were merely about insurance. Seemed rather bored or preoccupied. Not clear if she remembered who I was from previous visits, or what we had discussed. Treated me rather like a boring object, to be competently assessed and dealt with and gotten rid of. Perhaps the pressures of managed care and administration have taken the pleasure out of her work for her. She seems competent, but I wouldn't want to see her again, except for fear of getting someone worse. Perhaps this is the standard of care these days--I don't see doctors much, partly to avoid somewhat unpleasant encounters such as this. If she had shown the slightest interest, we could have had some brief conversations that might have benefited me: I don't ask that a doctor speak to me for hours. I wouldn't trust her at this point except with the most routine basics.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Susan E Frankl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Health Care, 25 Boylston St Ste 204, Chestnut Hill, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan E Frankl in this video.
Dr. Susan E Frankl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.