Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan G Kaplan has the following 2 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
39 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1979
Saint Vincent Hospital
Dr. Susan G Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSusan Gail Kaplan Md, 425 W 59th St, New York, NY
Dr. Susan G Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.