Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan J Gravelyn has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Susan J Gravelyn has the following 5 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
Dr. Susan J Gravelyn has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I have been going to Dr. Gravelyn for a very long time and when my Mom was in need of a lung specialist I told her Dr that Dr Gravelyn was the only one I wanted my Mom to go to. Mom's first appt with her was very touching as Dr. Gravelyn gave Mom no less than 3 hugs and my Mom was hooked. It took some time but she finally got my COPD under control and she did the same with Mom's lung issue's. My Mom died 3 yrs ago and at that time I decided to make an appt with Dr Gravelyn to let her know about Mom dying. She hugged me with tears in her eyes and we talked about Mom for awhile (length of office visit). It was shortly after that when I called for an appt. with her, only to find out she was moving and not taking anymore office visits but made an appt for a short visit so I could say good bye to Dr. Gravelyn. You all be good to her please and remember that the patients she left behind miss her very much and would love her to come back where she belongs.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gravelyn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Joseph Mercy Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDeaconess Hospital, 600 Mary St, Evansville, IN
Dr. Susan J Gravelyn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evansville, IN.