Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan B Gregg
Dr. Susan B Gregg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Pathology and Cytopathology. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan B Gregg has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.<br>Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
Dr. Susan B Gregg has the following 3 expertise
- Tissue Biopsy
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
Dr. Susan B Gregg is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
39 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Susan B Gregg Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Susan B Gregg's office for more information.
1401 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth, TX : (817) 250-5659
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan B Gregg, MD - Pathology in Fort Worth, TX, in this video.
Dr. Susan B Gregg is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.