Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan R Hata has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susan R Hata has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Hata is my PCP and after a bit of waiting for a new patient appt I got a cancellation. She seemed very competent and thorough and was interested in using some of the high-tech features that MGH has available like online medical records and email, which suits my lifestyle and preferences very well.
I was seeking to see Doctor Hata, unfortunately she wasn't advailable. Being in a lot of pain I went to MGH Back Bay to see somebody on call.The Doctor I saw didn't care to diagnose me eventhough it was evident I have Shingles. I told the Doctor about my suspicion. Was he did is order a bunch of exams. Over the next two days I was in extreme pain. I called the Hospital looking for help. Nobody care about it. When two days later Dr. Hata finally saw me she confirmed I had Shingles but unfortunately it was too late to do anything, no antiviral was going to be effective at that point. She prescribed Ibuprofen 800 ml.even knowing I have a very serious stomach condition and Ibuprofen is specifically contraindicated.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Hata is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Susan R Hata accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMgh Back Bay, 388 Commonwealth Ave Ste 5, Boston, MA
Dr. Susan R Hata is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.