Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Ovarian Cysts
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
The wait time at the office is little to none, and the medical assistant and office were very nice on the 2 occasions I had been. However, the doctor herself, is not my cup of tea. She is a cold and has no bedside manner. She is not empathetic, reassuring, or compassionate on any level. She is quick, curt, and not someone to go to if you have any gynecological issues or concerns. Not sure what she's like for OB. I put in a call to her office to request a phone call back regarding some symptoms, when she returned my call, she didn't have my medical records in front of her and started to discuss things about my history that were inaccurate. I switched doctors.
I just saw this website and welcome the opportunity to complain about this doctor online. I saw Dr. Hellerstein over the course of a couple of years. I don't want to get into too many details of my case in a public forum however. She was brusque and condescending at most appointments. She did not seem to care about my discomfort or pain. I suffered with a very painful UTI for almost two weeks that she refused to treat because she couldn't find it on tests. She disregarded everything I had to say. And what's horrifying is that she teaches at Harvard Medical School. I would not recommend this doctor.
Was treated very poorly, even though I was having pelvic pain and seeking treatment for previously diagnosed fibroids, endometriosis, and ovarian cysts.. She left the room repeatedly, was rude to me when I tried to explain my medical records by snapping at me multiple times that I was disrupting her, and even told me she thought my medical records were wrong (a long surgically and visually documented history). She then scheduled an ultrasound for a month out when I was very symptomatic that day. Of course I never went back to her and cannot recommend this doctor or department. The staff were nice at first, but certainly were not nice at all when I started questioning having to wait a month for a pelvic ultrasound. A month later I ended up in the ER with a large ruptured ovarian cyst..
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Edwards Fish Center for Womens Health, 850 Boylston St Ste 402, Chestnut Hill, MA
Dr. Susan C Hellerstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.