Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan E Kelly
Dr. Susan E Kelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Roxbury Crossing, MA. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Kelly is affiliated with New England Baptist Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Kelly has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan E Kelly has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was in great pain when I made the appointment and asked to be put on the waiting list. The appointment was over a month away and three weeks before I get a call to reschedule to an earlier time. I was in such pain and very hopeful as I did my research and she is a GI doc that actually knows something about food and nutrition...rare for GI doctors! Then two days before my appointment I get another call but this time the good doctor is passing me off to another doc. When asked why after a long painful month of waiting would a doc do this at such short notice i got what seemed like a fictional answer. I was told that this new doc would "be a better fit". Hmmm! How the heck would Dr. Kelly know this given she had never talked to me! I have some complicated issues and I believe this doc was picking her patients and my issues were not to her liking! Nice work if you can get it! I did my research and if she takes you on I believe she will work hard to help you improve your situation. However, she let me wait over a month in extreme pain and then dumped me! Now I'm back to square one!
I had met with several specialists, who all dismissed me. I was so frustrated after years of not feeling well, I was ready to give up and just deal with not feeling great a lot of the time. Someone recommended Dr Kelly to me and making an appointment with her has made such an enormous difference for me. SHE LISTENS! She calls for tests until everything has been exhausted and symptoms can be explained. She is unbelievably thorough. An amazing physician.
I see Dr susan Kelly at the gastoclinic. I never wait. She is mine until I understand what is going on with me. Dr susan or her staff always calls and chechs on me. She knows medicines. She nas never given me a bad/ allergic drug. Dr Susan Kelly has ONLY helped me. She nas NEVER caused me harm!!! I give her a 10
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Susan E Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Susan E Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.