Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan M Wang has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Awful. One of the most incompetent doctors with whom I have ever spoken or worked. She neglects to give test results in a timely manner (sometimes never at all), makes setting an appointment nearly impossible, passes work off to her sub-par subordinate, incorrectly diagnoses patients (thank heavens I got a second opinion , which SAVED MY LIFE) and when speaking to you, is condescending, dismissive and overall inept. If you value your well-being, go to another doctor.
I've seen 12 endocrinologists. She was by far the worst. Used lots of scare tactics. Followed her instructions and ended up in the hospital. Also, her staff called police and ambulance to take me to the hospital for a psych eval when Dr. Wang was the one who over-medicated me which makes you feel hormonally crazy. She was unapologetic about the whole thing. Also, she took over many patients of a retired endo who would Rx natural dessicated thyroid replacement. She was actively trying to switch all of them onto synthetic even though they were stable and doing well for decades. I think she chose the wrong field.
First appointment awesome until she changed everything she had said to me the following appointment based off of talking to a previous dr who I had left for various reasons. Then used scare tactics to try and force me to get procedure done that I would have done without the scare tactics. Basically told me she would drop me as a patient if I didn't do what SHE felt comfortable with. Very disappointed
16 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Susan M Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMilford Medical And Aesthetic Care, 849 Boston Post Rd Ste 300, Milford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan M Wang in this video.
Dr. Susan M Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milford, CT.