Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan E Mackey has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I've been going to Dr Mackey since 1997 and have had nothing but good experiences. She is always willing to discuss whatever I need to and is good at sharing information in a caring and calm manner. When a situation arose with me where a hysterectomy would be one option, my first choice was to go a less invasive route and she sent me to a laparascopic specialist. I have been very happy as her patient.
Dr. Mackey seems very competent, technically, but I had two separate, negative incidents that have led me to seek another obgyn. The first was the disparaging remarks she made about my decision to use nfp (you can't turn around in the office without being bombarded with birth control infomercials - even in the exam room). The second occurred when we had some potentially troubling news from an ultrasound. She seemed very uncomfortable and it made an already stressful situation worse. Again, she seemed perfectly good at the technical aspects of her job, but I think I can find a better fit for me and my family.
Dr. Mackey has been my OB/Gyn for 12 years. She is smart, compassionate, sensitive and a fantastic OB/GYN! I have, and will continue to recommend her to any woman seeking the highest quality care.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mackey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Susan E Mackey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Medical Associates Of Nashville, 2201 Murphy Ave Ste 110, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan E Mackey in this video.
Dr. Susan E Mackey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.