Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan M Nasser has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Susan M Nasser has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Susan M Nasser is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
The reason for giving this one star review has NOTHING to do with Dr. Nasser. She is outstanding and I really am disappointed that I can no longer see her; however, because her office is associated with AVORS medical group, there is no way I can give more than one star. I followed Dr. Nasser from AV Pediatrics and was thrilled to have her as my daughter's doctor once she was born. She is caring and competent and I really trust her. However, all her billing is outsourced to AVORS Medical Group and they are honestly the most incompetent people I've ever dealt with. I took my daughter to her practice for 16 months and in those months, I only received a couple of bills, all which were paid at the time received. I was never asked for payment at the time off my appointment, even though their payment policy states such, and I was never questioned about my insurance being out of network or not covering visits. That is until 16 months after we started there when someone took over our account and alerted us that we had a balance of over $1300 due to insurance being improperly charged!!! No one ever said a word to us prior to that. My husband and I sat down for a meeting with the AVORS person in charge of our account and Dawn, the office manager at Family First. We were told that it had been their mistake, they had a bad employee at the time; however, we still owed them. Why is your bad employee my problem??? How can you let a patient rack up $1300 in charges before you say anything??? How can you look me in the eye and say I owe something I was never told about?? My husband had gone through the account summary and found many discrepancies in charges and at the time of our meeting, we were told they would look into the discrepancies and concessions would be made on our bill. Months later, a new person was in charge of my account, nothing had changed on the bills, and I was being harassed again to pay the amount AS WELL AS presented with a new bill for myself, even after I was told at my meeting that my account balance was zero. I've called and called with no response back. I've written letters explaining this situation in extreme detail and been ignored. In fact, I was simply sent to collections for nonpayment. I am not a person who skips out on my bills and now I am being treated as such. The lack of compassion, the lack of communication, the ignoring, the lying-- all of it infuriate me. Now I have to deal with creditors calling me for a bill that I should not be responsible for. It is not fair to punish the patient for a bad employee who didn't do her job but that is the case here. It saddens me that my family can't continue to see Dr. Nasser, but as long as she is associated with evil AVORS, it has to be that way.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Nasser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2001
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Susan M Nasser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSusan Marie Nasser Do, 42135 10th St W Ste 201, Lancaster, CA
Dr. Susan M Nasser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.