Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan P Arnold
Dr. Susan P Arnold, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tuscaloosa, AL. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Arnold is affiliated with Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan P Arnold has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Susan P Arnold has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Susan P Arnold has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Susan P Arnold is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
What to say...I have been seeing Dr Arnold for about a year and honestly the only positive thing I have to say is she has a nice office. What I've experienced:--Rude & dismissive administration. I'm asking for a lot, just for information to be sent to my insurance company. Request was first ignored, then I was treated like I was burdening the office, then an incomplete claims report was sent. --Appointments: You're lucky if you get one within a month & a half of calling. Twice this forced me to see a physician to temporarily extend an SSRI Perscription--the first time because my appointment was double booked at a time she was at a second campus office and had to cancel my appointment and then when they re-booked, they were beyond even the script extension. Both times I requested their office to call in a temporary script, both times they fails to do this. --In my own experience and confirming with others who have been treated by Arnold, it seems that she does incorporate patient treatment needs or goals into her plan. I understand not flippantly abandoning a treatment regimine but when months go by with no significant change improvement, it's time to try something else.
Dr. Arnold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Susan P Arnold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsSusan Pearce Arnold Md, 750 5th Ave E, Tuscaloosa, AL
Dr. Susan P Arnold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tuscaloosa, AL.