Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Puyau
Dr. Susan Puyau, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Puyau is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center and Womans Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Puyau has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Susan Puyau has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Susan Puyau has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Susan Puyau is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Glad to find this site after 15 years. Saw her for a few years for annuals. Didn't have a problem with her until the birth of my first child. I did not want a C-section and had been in labor for 16 hours. The nurses all reassured me everything was stable and I could still deliver naturally. It was heading to 6:00 pm and that meant she would have to stay late to deliver my baby, so I guess she wasn't too happy. She was examining me during delivery and I made a mild sound of discomfort. She actually mocked me!!! Yes, you read this right. She actually mocked me! I was feeling so venerable at the time I didn't say anything. I just thought " she's having a bad day and that just slipped out, she probably regretted it as soon as it happened." But......NO, I moaned again cause I couldn't help it and guess what? she mocked me AGAIN!!! Amazing she is still practicing with this horrible unprofessionalism! Feel better not that I finally get to tell my story to everyone.
The doctor seems to care and most of the staff. But I really question the nurse practitioner and the older sonigram technition professionalism in diagnosing patients as if they were the physician. Both gave absolutely no hope and it was all their opinion NOT the physician. When questioned the NP was pretty abrupted as if we as patients are not aloud to question her theory. Looking for another DR. without a negative abrupted NP. I talked to other patients who used to go Dr Puyau & had the same experience. They now go to other drs.
Dr. Puyau is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center
Our Lady of the Lake Rmc
27 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Lsu Health Sciences
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions500 Rue De La Vie St, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Susan Puyau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.