Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan L Richarme
Dr. Susan L Richarme, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Richarme is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. Dr. Richarme has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan L Richarme has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Susan L Richarme has the following 2 expertise
Dr. Susan L Richarme is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I selected 5 minutes, but my wait time is usually less than that. I am a long time patient and love Dr. Richarme. She always has time for me to discuss any issues I am having which makes me feel she really cares about my well being. She explains treatment options in detail and is very thorough in my examination. I feel she is my friend as well as my doctor.
My experiences over the last 18 years, as a patient of Dr. Richarmes, have been exceptional. I consider myself very fortunate to have a physician of her caliber and concern, always focusing on your health and overall well being. Always going that extra-inning for her patients....something you just don't experience much these days. As a physician she is exceptional and as a caring, compassionate person she ia also exceptional....a wonderful combination !
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Richarme is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1977
Earl K Long Medical Center
Dr. Susan L Richarme accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsChoice Medical Care, 8068 Goodwood Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan L Richarme in this video.
Dr. Susan L Richarme is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.