Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan B Rife
Dr. Susan B Rife, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Orland Park, IL. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Rife is affiliated with Silver Cross Hospital and Advocate Christ Medical Center. Dr. Rife has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan B Rife has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Sports Injuries
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Diabetic Foot
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Weight Loss
- Smoking Cessation
- Adolescent Medicine
- Urinary Incontinence
- Sleep Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Bell's Palsy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Occupational Medicine
- Hiatal Hernia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Rife is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Susan B Rife accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDr Susan Rife & Associates Family Medicine, 10755 163rd Pl, Orland Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan B Rife in this video.
Dr. Susan B Rife is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orland Park, IL.