Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan S Roper has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Susan S Roper has the following 14 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Laser Surgery
- Actinic Keratosis
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Susan S Roper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan S Roper - Posted on February 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan S Roper - Posted on October 28th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan S Roper - Posted on October 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan S Roper - Posted on May 4th, 2015
Wrong procedure, wrong body part - disaster prevented by my own actions. Doctor was still a no show for procedure after 1 hr 20 min so I left.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan S Roper - Posted on May 23rd, 2014
So memorable for a few BAD reasons! When the office called to remind me of app't, the staff cited the wrong body part (not both arms - just one). Told them then, only one arm. Office person choose to argue. I called back later the same day and told them the procedure was just for one arm. The day of the procedure, the nurse/PA/assistant(?) was going over which body parts and the cost of the procedure. She said both arms, told her it was for one arm and told her that was the wrong procedure, did not want Gentle Laze, had told them on consulting visit and when made the app't wanted the cryo treatment. After waiting an hour in exam room, I opened the door and saw the PA/nurse/assistant in an area across the hall. I asked her if we were going to start any time soon. She said that Dr. Roper would be here next which led me to ask if she was even in the building. She gave the answer, "She will be here next." I asked when we would start, the nurse/assistant/PA again said, "She will be here next." I waited another 20 minutes in the exam room then opened the door to see the nurse person still in the area across the hall. She said, "Still waiting." I informed her I was done waiting and left. I have to wonder if choosing the less expensive procedure had any weight with the lack of professionalism exhibited.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Susan S Roper Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Susan S Roper is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.