Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Runyan
Dr. Susan Runyan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in Burlingame, CA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Runyan is affiliated with UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals and Medical Center at UCSF. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Runyan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Prenatal Care
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Runyan was without a doubt the BEST primary-care physician I have ever had. She was concerned with my overall health, not just whatever ailment I had as the reason for my doctor's visit. She didn't make me feel rushed, taking the time to ask me questions regarding my general health and catch up on things from my last visit. She made me feel like she really cared about me.I rue the day she decided to quit practicing medicine. I miss her terribly. I will be the first in line to get an appointment if I find out she is practicing again.
Wrong medicine, no knowledge ,terrible demeanor, does not care about patient,needs to leave!!!!!We all be better off without her!!!
Please note that I have been on an extended leave from practice and have not seen a patient since January 2009. I am concerned that this comment and rating is attributable to mistaken identity.
Dr. Runyan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Medical Center at UCSF
19 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Multicare Health System
Dr. Susan Runyan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Susan Runyan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.